Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Book review: The Ten Best Days of My Life

Hello, I just finished a novel called: The Ten Best Days of My Life, by Adena Halpern. In it, a young woman dies and goes to heaven. Everything up there is great, of course, until she gets some disturbing news.

She may not be able to stay where she is and has to write an essay about the ten best days of her life on earth. Did she live life with purpose? As she writes this essay, she analyzes her past and comes to some surprising realizations.

The story is fun. The main character is spunky and makes interesting observations. Set partly in heaven, partly on earth, this supernatural tale is a quick read. However, entertaining as it may be, it makes a reader ponder some profound questions. What's really important, and are we not seeing the whole truth? I'm glad I picked up this book. If you'd like a different type of paranormal/supernatural book that's quirky yet has depth, why not give this one a try?

No comments :