Friday, October 15, 2010

Review for The 12th Kiss

Hello, my novel set in 1820 London, The 12th Kiss, was reviewed at the blog, 
Here is a tiny little snippet from the review done by Marcie:
"This book is full of mystery, romance and action. Laura Hogg takes us on an exciting adventure that I think you will enjoy."
It's available at Wings ePress.
The story behind it's publication still gives me goose bumps to think about. I think a bit of the supernatural was involved. Here's a snippet from my author's interview on the Wings ePress site:

"I said a prayer and thought of the Archangel Raphael. Very shortly afterwards, the words to this novel flew out of my fingertips. It came to me in an inspired rush. Then I put the novel up on a critique board for nearly a year to tighten it up. I submitted it. After only one rejection, the novel was accepted with Wings...the [first] publisher that turned it down said they liked it but, months after the rejection, they went out of business." 

This was the first book contract I ever signed.

No comments :