Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Thursday 13

Thursday 13
Hello, for Thursday 13, I'd like to list 13 things invented by women.
Dishwasher Josephine Cochran 1872
Elevated railway Mary Walton 1881
Engine muffler El Dorado Jones 1917
Fire escape Anna Connelly 1887
Life raft Maria Beaseley 1882
Medical syringe Letitia Geer 1899
Paper-bag-making machine Margaret Knight 1871
Rolling pin Catherine Deiner 1891
Rotary engine Margaret Knight 1904
Submarine lamp and telescope Sarah Mather 1845
Windshield wiper Mary Anderson 1903
Alphabet blocks Adeline D. T. Whitney 1882
Circular saw Tabitha Babbitt 1812

3 comments :

Alice Audrey said...

Women make some of the most interesting things. I thought rolling pins were older than that. Great list.

Historical Writer/Editor said...

Hi, Alice, thanks for dropping by. I saw that information at several different sources, but I also came across the name of a male inventor for the rolling pin and an earlier date at another source. Perhaps they were different types.

Rebecca Savage said...

SCAM

IGNORE EMAILS FROM GRGIALL@YAHOO.COM
IT'S A SCAM;
IDENTITY STOLEN FROM ME;
USING OLD EMAIL TO TRY TO GET MONEY;
MY NEW EMAIL IS:
REBECCACAPRI@YAHOO.COM
PLEASE PASS THIS ON SO NO ONE ELSE WILL GET HURT BY THIS;
STAY OFF TAGGED.OM
I'M STUPID
I'LL NEVER GET ON IT AGAIN
I THINK THAT'S WHERE THIS ALL STARTED
NOT SURE, BUT I THINK IT WAS SOMEONE ON THERE;
I CAN'T EVEN GET ON MY WEBSITE OR RECEIVE EMAILS THROGUH IT;
SO IF YOU TRY REBECCASAVAGE.COM
THAT WON'T WORK EITHER
YAHOO.COM BLOCKED ME FROM EVERYTHING, OR THE HACKER DID, BUT HE/SHE IS STILL SENDING EMAILS...IRONIC, HUH?