Friday, May 21, 2010

A warm welcome to author Diana Rubino


Hello, Diana, and thank you for being my guest here!
Now about your funny, romantic novel available with The Wild Rose Press...

What happens when the perfect hero steps out of a romance novel and into the real world?

Pulp sci-fi author, Judi Somers is about to find out. After finishing her 10th novel in her popular Race Parsec series, she runs into childhood friend Felix Varlden. Now a biotech genius, he tells her of his breakthrough discovery that makes it possible for him to create a humanoid in his lab.

Felix sees the project as a chance to bolster an upcoming mission to our nearest inhabited planet. She sees it as a chance to have all her fantasies come true­—a real-live version of her series hero. "Leo" is perfect...but his perfection is driving her crazy. What happens when Judi realizes who her hero really is?

(Pages 272) Spicy

Excerpt:

“Now tell me what’s so urgent. I hope this leaded coffee you’re pumping me with will keep me awake.” He drummed his fingers on the cup.

“Felix, don’t be shocked, now.” She sat across from him. “We’ve been through a lot together, haven’t we?” She clasped her palms together. They were starting to sweat. A lot.

“I can see this is going to be an all-nighter. Let me guess. You’ve been selling these books like hot dogs at a Yankee game, so I know you can’t be having financial problems.”

“No, it’s not financial.”

He lifted a brow. “You’re being stalked by a jealous ex? Or a wacko fan?”

“No, none of my exes care enough to be jealous, and fans don’t get wacko until you run out of freebies at signings.” She took a sip of milk.

“You got me. What can it possibly be?” He gulped his latte.

“It’s about…I don’t even know what to call him. Your creation.”

“What about him?”

She drew in a deep breath and blurted it out, “I want him.”

available now

Thanks so much for, Diana. I loved your book.

3 comments :

Diana Rubino said...

Thanks so much for posting my new book info, Laura! You are the best editor ever, and you made it shine. I struck gold when I found you! Diana

Anonymous said...

Diana,
Congratulations on your book release. It sounds like it will be a good book.
Lisa

Historical Writer/Editor said...

Thank you, Diana for being here! Your book is witty and entertaining, and I really enjoyed it. Thanks, for dropping by, Lisa! -Laura