Sunday, June 7, 2009

Please welcome author Beth Trissel


Hello, i'm very happy to have author Beth Trissel as a guest today! She's a wonderful writer, and I hope you'll check out her work. Now to Beth...


First, could you introduce yourself and talk about your work?
Thanks. I am Beth Trissel, a Wild Rose Press author of historical and light paranormal romance and 2008 Golden Heart ® Finalist.

What time-travel fiction have you written or are in the process of writing?
My first release, Somewhere My Love, is a murder mystery/ghost story romance with flashbacks to early nineteenth century Virginia; winner of the 2008 Preditors&Editors Readers Poll for Best Romance Novel. I am at work on a second book that’s a Scottish Time Travel.

What are your favorite time destinations and why? In Somewhere My Love the story flashes back to early nineteenth century America. I would also like to do a colonial American time travel, possibly Civil War, and obviously Scotland.

Where is your work available? Somewhere My Love is available at The Wild Rose Press and all major online booksellers in both digital download and print.

What got you interested in the genre? For how long have you been a fan, and who are your favorite authors of time-travel fiction? I have always been intrigued by the idea of time travel. My inherent love of history drew me to the past. I don’t have a favorite time travel author, but the Wild Rose Press has some good ones.

What mechanisms do you use for time-travel? Do they vary from story to story?
In Somewhere My Love I use vivid dreams/memories to transport the characters back in time but in my next book it will be an actual vehicle for going from here to there. I don’t literally mean a vehicle like the Delorean in Back to the Future, but a wormhole in time, that sort of thing. The device in the movie Time Travel was kewl; a little over my head to grasp let alone use in one of my own books. Not that I’d copy theirs, but I’m not going to come up with something that sci-fi. I’m more inclined to light paranormal/fantasy.

What type of research do you do for the genre? Where do you find your sources?
I research all the time when writing a new book and use both online resources as well as books, films, documentaries, whatever I can find.

Is there anything else you’d like to add? I’m also led by dreams.

Again, thank you so much for your input. Good luck with your writing!
Thanks for having me!

Thank you, Beth!

13 comments :

Helen Hardt said...

Hi Laura and Beth! Beth, every time you visit a blog your love of history and your craft just drips off the page ;). Congratulations on all your releases and your success! Well deserved!

Mary Ricksen said...

Hi Beth, Hi Laura, great blog.
Beth, you are one good writer!

Susan Macatee said...

Hi, Laura and Beth! Somewhere In Time sounds like it's right up my alley. I love time travel with a bit of mysticism.

Penny Rader said...

Beth, I love your enthusiasm for history.

Somewhere My Love sounds like a story I'd love to read. I can't wait for your Colonial America and Scottish time travels!

Beth Trissel said...

Thanks ladies. Maybe your enthusiasm will be the boost I need to finish writing my new stuff. :)

Gwynlyn MacKenzie said...

Nice blog, Beth. I still remember reading Jules Verne for the first time and thinking, "I wonder if that's possible." How far we've come.

Julie Robinson said...

Hi Beth! Just saw your post so I came on over to see you. It'll be interesting to see how you handle it in your next book. I'm more inclined to believe in dreams taking you back than a machine. But who knows for the future?!
Julie

Julie Robinson said...

Oh, your book is coming up on my TBR e-pile.
:-)
Julie

Beth Trissel said...

Yea, Julie! My tbr pile is being revised so the time travel stories are at the top.

Linda LaRoque said...

Hi Beth, I enjoyed Somewhere My Love and am looking forward to your next. As a fellow time travel author, I read as many as I can get my hands on.
Best of luck with writing and sales!
Linda
www.lindalaroque.com

J.A. Saare said...

Hello Beth and Laura!! I love the blog and the interview. Somewhere My Love sounds interesting indeed!

Julie Robinson said...

Beth, that must be the key to being able to write and read at the same time. I don't know about you, but when I'm writing, I don't want to read any other, because that distracts me.So the trick must be to read fiction that deals with what you're writing about.
What a revelation! I just never thought about it. I shall have to sort accordingly.
Julie

Julie Robinson said...

Oh, and hello Linda! Just saw you had visited too.
Julie